Sundin years had players like

Mats Sundin
Gary Roberts
Curtis Joseph
Alexander Mogilny
Steve Thomas
Joe Nieuwendyk

Almost all HHOF potential.

And Sundin years, before the lock out, constantly competed for the playoffs as one of the cup contenders as opposed to this team can't even make the playoffs. I'd welcome back the sundin years with arms wide open, in fact I miss those years, those leaf teams had HEART. And the sens rivalry was tremendous, some of the best playoff hockey. I'm hoping you're twelve cause anyone with half a brain of hockey knowledge would know how much better those Sundin years were than any team we've had since the lockout.
Yup, remember when we made the ECF twice in a 4 year span? How many times between 98-04 were we knocked out in the first round? I remember the Stumpy, Mats, Modin line which was killer and I loved Nolan, Mogilny and Mats for the short time they were together. My favorite moment as a Leaf fan happened during that era when Mats tied game 6 against the Canes in the 2002 ECF with like 20-21 seconds left. The place went absolutely NUTS. Too bad we lost in OT. But for that moment I had never been so excited as a fan.

I don't get how anyone says they don't miss those days.

mapes is online now   Reply With Quote