View Single Post
Old
12-25-2011, 11:12 AM
neofury*

vCash: 500
Since bottom feeders are in our position but even worse they'll never give up their 1st. Their 1st comes at the cost of Subban, Price, Pacioretty, maybe if Gorges was signed to a good deal him + prospect... no way you'll get CBJ 1st for a guy like Cammy/Gio/1st(or combination). When you have the opportunity to draft a young Ovechkin Crosby etc, you don't take Cammy + Future Kostitsyn (draft pick) for Future Ovechkin. It just doesn't make sense, you go with the high pick in almost all cases where it's a deep draft.

I just think we should tank and get what we can in general for those players, to teams looking to take them, the best deal from the team we feel will finish lowest in the standings. We could probably get 2nd + prospect from some teams for guys like Cammy/Gio/etc maybe if we're lucky a low 1st. I doubt we get a top 15 pick.

I agree with Montreal going Russian/French if they can, but I'd rather the best most compatible high end players available be it UFA or draft. But I wouldn't mind being that team that tries to get Russians back into the NHL. If you have several on your team more will be confident to sign there.

Radulov is a pipe dream and Semin imo could be the wrong direction, could just be another Cammalleri except he doesn't put up points in the post season...

Brassard is a possibility but I think it would require overpayment.

I don't necessarily think they have to be Russian/Quebecois but I do agree it's kind of a good idea for locker room purposes if most of the players are from the same places and speak the same language, and for being on the same page and communication.

I've always loved Russian players too. I want the next Bure on this team or the next Mogilny. Some Russian player who is really high end. Of course I would just as easily want the next Crosby or Giroux. This team has a star goalie and PK will have a bright future people just need to trust me on that one But we need that one (or two) elite forwards like a Kovalchuk/Parise kind of tandem. If we can tank I won't mind, I know it will upset a lot of fans but I'd actually be excited about this team if we go 1-2 years with lotto picks. It can really help change a team. We have some of the pieces already in Pacioretty and in my opinion Kostitsyn and Gorges. Cole can stick around too. Plekanec is an obvious keeper. The rest can honestly go. We're set with Price/PK but we need that star forward, Plekanec is imo capable of 80~ points if he had a guy like that. Some guy who can make things happen, not a Cammy, somebody who is on another level.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote