View Single Post
Old
12-25-2011, 05:21 PM
VanIslander
17/07/2014 ATD RIP

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seventieslord View Post
Armytage was a great pick. And I think Jiri was the Novak VI meant to draft in the AA instead of Eduard
Armytage was a Hedberg 2010 B-draft pick we never considered last draft; if we had, we would have nabbed him I'd like to think, though it was a process of discovery: the more I researched him, the better he looked!

Jiri Novak, however, we decided against early on in the AA, due in part to positioning. He's a C whereas Eduard is a RW, our team had McLea at center when we made the decision. We went with Jonsson for 2nd line C, and Drobny and Dey as extra forwards, so really the only mistake we could have made was choosing Jonsson over Jiri Novak for the 2nd line role, and Jiri is small and been injured by the rough international play of Canadians whereas Jonsson brought leadership. In hindsight, I'd draft Jiri over Jonsson, not over Eduard, if anything.

Doak is a longtime defensive defenseman on one of the top teams of the decade, with a boatload of intangibles and playoff experience, and quality references, not to mention great plus-minus. What is there not to like? I dunno his ice time, but it's the only statistic that could possibly explain why he isn't a MLD-comparable pick in a defensive defenseman 5/6 and pk role. He is comparable to several top-1000 picks stay-at-home defensemen.

Last edited by VanIslander: 12-26-2011 at 06:42 AM.
VanIslander is online now   Reply With Quote