View Single Post
Old
12-25-2011, 05:36 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
I dunno LL, I don't see the big risk, Give up no assets and add a guy for 3 years at 4.25. Not super long term, he's very durable something this team could certainly use, he's a very bright offensive player.

My problem currently is Campoli. He has no business being in the line up. To me the habs need to trade Gill and Campoli both, one because there's no spot for him and the other because he's a proven playoff warrior.
Short term? No issue with kaberle, but if he failed to meet expectations we'd have Gomez and kaberle at 11.5 mil cap hit as dead weight, that's not easy to swallow even if it's for 1-2 years. It's tough for Molson to pay 10+ mil on something useless. So, IMO, it's a risk, not a major one, but the capspace he takes prevents us from signing other guys as well.

Look, campoli, gill and so on, trade them for a 2nd-3rd a piece because we aren't keeping them. If you can trade kaberle this summer for more than you got him for=win. The habs are missing a top blueliner. I would overpay for a guy like shea weber. Anyone not named Subban, Price or pacioretty is available. However, having kaberle's contract in the fold obviously limits such a deal from being even considered. That's risk, perhaps not a realistic or probable risk, but it does handcuff your options.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote