View Single Post
Old
12-26-2011, 01:49 AM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP View Post
I'll try to answer for TomD, although I'm sure that you won't understand it...

Both of us have been fans of this franchise since long before Tim Leiweke started lying to us in the 90s - long before Uncle Phil wrote the check to buy the Kings out of the bargain basement.

We have invested DECADES and thousands of dollars in this franchise - AEG is just the current caretaker. You won't understand or agree with this, but it is as much our team as it is theirs. They have done all that they can to ignore the history of this franchise - or at least trivialize it. We are both trying to preserve the history, traditions, and integrity of the Kings while AEG does everything they can to cheapen and minimize it. You will all poo-poo this, but there was hockey in LA before Gretzky. I've almost given up trying to defend it because so few of you were around to appreciate just how special it was. There were about 8,000-10,000 of us who were fanatical supporters of this franchise when no one else cared. If we wouldn't have supported some of the good teams and awful teams, you'd all be fighting over which team away from LA you would be supporting.

I'm sure that I'll get all sorts of grief over this, but I don't care. If you weren't there at the time, you don't have a clue. I just know that those of us lucky enough to be around during those days were truly blessed with something very special. I don't expect the rest of you to understand, but that's your loss
You don't think we know how you feel? You don't think we're still the minority fan base in LA who invested decades and thousands of dollars in support of the good or awful team? We're sitting in the same ****** seat as you. Our hearts break the same way yours does when the team underperforms. I'm tired of the same crap as you man. Doesn't mean you give up and ride every downfall as validation for your personal frustration.

KingPurpleDinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote