View Single Post
Old
12-26-2011, 09:44 AM
Ginu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
None taken.

Please show me what they've done to assemble a contender. All I've seen are quick fixes and panic moves to make 8th place. Where has the proactive planning come in? Please... show me.
They've drafted Price, Subban, Pacioretty, Gallagher, Beaulieu, Tinordi, got Eller, got Bournival, got Gorges, hired a defensive coach in Martin to implement a system that was lacking under the previous coach, to simply lose. I'm sorry, you're right.

Your shortsightedness as a fan is part of the problem. While you see quick fixes and panic moves, what you're not seeing is the youth movement going on behind the scenes. Management is trying to build through the draft as well as sign veterans to complement that group and keep up some level of competition in the mean time. Ironically, it's that same shortsightedness as a fan and the complaining that your team isn't competing for a Stanley Cup that prevents them from going for the full rebuild.

Some of our fans think they're know-it-alls. Yes, we haven't won. Yes, some of the moves haven't worked out. But your "they've done nothing to assemble a contender" argument is crap.

I look forward to your reply.

Best,
Ginu

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote