View Single Post
Old
12-26-2011, 10:26 AM
ruckus*

vCash: 500
I'm not all that concerned about the forward situation.

Why does everyone care when Torts is only going to play the fourth line 5 minutes a night? It's not even worth discussing. Who cares who he puts out there. Rupp is worthless garbage but that doesn't matter because Torts wanted him here in the offseason and goes out of his way to talk him up even though he brings nothing to the table. Again, it doesn't really matter though because he'll still only play him 5 minutes a night.

The Wolski question is interesting but I do find it more than a little amusing seeing so many people since he's been injured just slotting him right into the 2LW spot as if he's going to make a difference. I understand that's the glaring hole in our lineup but haven't people watched Wolski since he's come here? Last season was a perfect example of what everyone should be expecting. Three or four games in a row of invisibility, then a game where he looks like he should be a top line wing. I'm not against giving him the opportunity but I do not expect anything from Wojtek. He does not fit the mold of this team or organization. We need talent, but we need it to work hard consistenly. Wolski is gone after the season anyways. Maybe he can find a way to contribute but I'm not getting my hopes up.

The defense is where things get interesting. I don't think there's any way you cant reinsert Eminger into the lineup when he's healthy but that's obviously a long way from now. Bickel has been solid, though in limited minutes. Erixon should go back down, IMO. I think Woywitka has been more than fine, not sure what people are looking for out of a bottom pair defenseman. Stralman is still a liability in his own zone but the Rangers have done a very good job covering up for him, and he doesn't seem to care that he's not very good defensively because it doesn't shake his confidence when he has the puck.

I'd still expect it to be more than two weeks before we see Staal and Sauer I wouldn't look to see until mid February at this point at the earliest.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote