allan5oh
Has prospect fever

vCash: 82
Need skates - have odd shaped feet

- intermediate skill
- 5'7"
- 165 lbs
- I wear shoe size 8.5, but only because of the width

I've always struggled even finding regular shoes that fit decently. The length is about a size 6.0, and the shoe thing says I'm a EE. I usually need about size 8.5 wide shoes just so my foot can go in.

I also have a pretty pronounced heel instep depth, and somewhat of a heel backstay. Heel width is medium.

I went to both Sportchek and PLH and tried just about everything in the store. The only two skates that seemed to come close are the Graf 670's and Supremes. Both were size 6.0 EE. Technically I'm a 5.0 or 5.5 EE but none of those skates fit even close. The toes would overlap.

The Supremes had enough toe box room, but I feel as though it put too much pressure on the top of my foot and the heel area wasn't comfortable. The rear of the skate was also too perpendicular. They just overall didn't feel comfortable.

The 670 fit fantastic, heel fit snug because the back of the skate leans forward, width was great and the instep felt good. They fit much nicer than the supremes. The problem is the toe box, there's a rough spot by my pinky toe and it was touching that rough spot all the time.

I'm wondering if I can get the 670s modified. Are there any other skates you guys could recommend?

allan5oh is offline   Reply With Quote