Thread: Keep Jesus
View Single Post
Old
12-12-2005, 09:31 PM
willie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by multiball
That's right, a "Brokeback Mountain-type" of love!

Quote:
Seriously, the negative side of this thread splits hairs over his footwork & slapshot, and excoriates him for mistakes that Matty and Aaron Miller are ALSO making.
Don't forget Gleason too. I really like Gleason and he's definetly a stud but the kid is still going through growing pains. There have been many games where he has been our worst defenseman. But Gleason can seem to do no wrong in many people's eyes. (the "anti-Corvo" if you will ) I also love how you threw the word 'excoriates' in threre.

Quote:
Joe is now a legitimate regular YOUNG defenceman in the new NHL. He's taken a huge stride this year and I expect he'll take a bigger one next year. There's an entire professional NHL staff that feels the same way. It is officially time to let go of your old outdated perceptions of Joe Corvo. He is legit and moving up the depth chart.
Yep. The guy is firmly entrenched as a top-6 defenseman. And it's still only his third full NHL season so he could keep moving on up. He's got the shot, skill & speed of a top-4 defenseman. If he can tinker with his brain a bit, he just might wind up as one.

Quote:
Wonder twin powers - activate new Avatar! Form of - tattooed top 4 defenceman.
I'm a little scared to ask where you got that picture.... I pray your admiration for Corvo's talent is strictly limited to his on-ice performance.