View Single Post
Old
12-26-2011, 12:45 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
Amazing how people still think this. All you have to do is watch the guys since he was fired and watch before (guys on the bench smiling, Cole's wave, lots of communication between players) and now (frowns, players looking straight in front of them). Not to mention the way they look on the ice and being outscored 17-6 since then. Firing Martin was a terrible mistake and I think the players did not like the move one bit. But keep telling yourself that he lost the room and the players hated him because people on hfboards said so.
Or! It could be an entire month of continual failure, both under Martin and now Cunneyworth had made the players feel miserable. Cole's wave came after we beat Carolina, in one of the worst games I have ever seen played, albeit our recent performance hasn't been much better. Cunneyworth has been arguably a weak coach but this team was awful before he signed on to man the ship.

Frankly, I am glad for the mistake because this team is not playoff bound and if the recent trend continues, we can at least mitigate our damages with a legitimate star prospect. Would be nice for once in lieu of mediocrity year in and out.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote