View Single Post
Old
12-26-2011, 03:26 PM
mix1home

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLights View Post
lol you guys are 6 points back of the playoffs with 46 games remaining. I thought leafs fans were jumpy but, damn! if the leafs by some miracle make the playoffs i want montreal in there as well because if we played it would be epic.
Just thought I would post some stats to put things in perspective. To get to 91 points and have a chance at PO Habs need to go something like 27-14-5 or 66% WP or 13 games over .500 the rest of the way. Doable? - Yes. Probable? - No. Long losing sticks in this NHL are unforgivable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Not very hard to do with Ottawa having half an AHL team, Calgary being on a downward spiral and Toronto not having made the playoffs in like 7 years and dropping after a hot start.
Main difference though is that Ottawa has hot PP and very young and talented team, Calgary has veteran team that can compete and they can unload some star players for king's ransom. And Toronto is just good team that has string of tough games against good opponents and still finished it 4-4-2 (.500). Leafs actually overcome a lot of injuries this season so far (Reimer, Armstrong, Kadri, Connolly, McArthur. Grabobski, Komisarek, Brown, Lombardi, more than Habs did for sure, AINEC). Leafs were only noticeably outplayed by Boston, but then who was not?

mix1home is offline   Reply With Quote