View Single Post
Old
12-26-2011, 03:50 PM
Chimp

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Monglobster View Post
Torts has benched WW before so I'm not worried about him being handed a top 6 spot, but this man has to get some sandpaper in his game if he's going to play for the Rangers because as you mentioned Gaborik is the softest forward, and even he throws his body around. If WW isn't putting up consistent points then hes just another Christensen - skilled, incosistent, soft. Obviously WW has much more talent than EC but look at Pavel Brendl. FWIW I would like to see WW and Christensen off this team for good, as they do not fit the mold of what this team stands for.
Yes. WW (and EC, who is pretty much a copy of WW) are goners and I think that's a majority opinion, for reasons mentioned. Very inconsistent, soft, weak character. Not a good fit in this system, WW is probably more suitable as a mercenary plug on a team with rebuild plans, who don't care about immediate results.

Since WW arrived here, I think has been pretty much useless and hasn't been even close to cover up all his deficiencies with his strengths. His moments of brilliance have been non-existant (I can't even remember any time I've been impressed by him). After most games, you have to check the roster sheet to see if he even played or not, regardless of his actual minutes.

With that said, he has about half a season left to prove everyone wrong and get some mojo to his game. Or until the trade deadline, but I can't see him having much value at all. Sure, he has produced 65 pts in his career, but I don't think anyone has seen anything even remotely close to that resemblance. He has bounced around several teams for a reason.

Last edited by Chimp: 12-26-2011 at 03:59 PM.
Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote