Old
12-26-2011, 05:55 PM
pattyb91
Twitter: @pattyb94

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to pattyb91
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
1g 3a in a blowout. I don't know what is up with him, but he looks SLOW. I feel like I'm watching Parenteau skate, his stride looks like it lacks serious power. He looks small out there too, he needs to add some serious size and muscle.

He looks a lot like JT did his rookie year. Waits for his wingers to get him the puck and then makes quick passes or will shoot. Definitely lacks the burst to try and carry the puck so he shows good vision with those subtle little passes. His goal was a nifty little toe drag with a surprisingly good shot, top left hand shelf. Looks like he used the screen well, the goalie never saw it.

He's showing something, but I'm really concerned with his lack of speed and burst.
I think 1g & 3a is pretty good here, he has had a part in half of his teams goals, thats not bad.

So far I am seeing some great offensive ability and creativity as well as a decent two-way game. His skating is still subpar like you said, but skating is something that can be improved. Tavares is a perfect example, if he works hard and we give him time, his skating will come around.