View Single Post
Old
12-26-2011, 06:00 PM
EllertoKostitsynGoal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kremelin Wall View Post
DD gets the weakest defensive assignments on most nights. Every time he gets lined up against opposing teams top lines he finishes the night -2 or worse.

Eller lead his AHL team in scoring in 09-10 by a sizeable chunk. He was playing with complete garbage and made them produce. Even as a 19 year old he was one of the offensive leaders on his SEL team, a league that does not give one **** about developing prospects.

DD at 19 was unable to get an AHL contract. At 20 he played in the ECHL. At Eller's age DD was putting up the numbers Eller put up as a 20 year old in the AHL.

Eller is 22 years old and already plays in a shutdown role against the top lines in the league and chips in offensive here and there. If you put him in DD's role of facing third liners with the best wingers on the team he would produce just as much. Not to mention the 4 minutes a game of PP time DD gets when the PP was awful.
You type faster than I do it seems. I agree, don't get the people who don't see the offensive upside and who seems to want him to fail. Come on people the guy has higher upside than any foward in our system so I'll pretty much always want him put in the best situation to succed.

Edit: and to be even more of an homer I'll add that he did this while battling mononucleosis during the first month (in his 20 year old AHL season)

Last edited by EllertoKostitsynGoal: 12-26-2011 at 06:09 PM.
EllertoKostitsynGoal is offline   Reply With Quote