View Single Post
Old
12-26-2011, 06:52 PM
redbull
game on

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
1g 3a in a blowout. I don't know what is up with him, but he looks SLOW. I feel like I'm watching Parenteau skate, his stride looks like it lacks serious power. He looks small out there too, he needs to add some serious size and muscle.

He looks a lot like JT did his rookie year. Waits for his wingers to get him the puck and then makes quick passes or will shoot. Definitely lacks the burst to try and carry the puck so he shows good vision with those subtle little passes. His goal was a nifty little toe drag with a surprisingly good shot, top left hand shelf. Looks like he used the screen well, the goalie never saw it.

He's showing something, but I'm really concerned with his lack of speed and burst.
let's celebrate the fact he's playing on a scoring line and having success...it wasn't too long ago he was the 13th forward. He played better today.

You're completely right about him though. He needs to be much bigger, stronger, faster to play in the NHL and that will take 2-3 years at least. He's got a long way to go but remains a top prospect and no reason to sour on this kid whatsoever.

The Isles did NOT make a mistake taking him where they did.

I did think Strome was faster than he's looked though. He seems like he's not moving his feet enough. Today was a bit better but Strome needs to play with much more enthusiasm out there and really work harder. Not unlike the NHL-Isles who look awful when they aren't skating, hitting, moving their legs, on both offense and defense.