Thread: Ben Eager
View Single Post
Old
12-13-2005, 08:10 AM
Coburnfan05

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16
Absolutely he does. He's been healthy and producing. What's so hard to understand about that? Same with Carter. He's been healthy and producing. Yet, these two kids only get 11 (Carter) and 13 (Umberger) minutes of ice time a game. Sami comes back from being away for months and immediately he gets 17+ minutes of ice time. What's to justify that? He's a veteran? Big deal. He can't score if his life depended on it. What offensive ability he had, it left him four years ago when he was with Carolina.
I agree that the kids should be given the opportunity but you just can't make a 2 way player (Umberger) into a scoring threat by giving him ice time.

Kappy is a very versatile forward and is speed and puck handling ability wouyld be better suited on an offensive line then as a checker.

Stats this year

Umberger 19 3 5 8
Kappy 8 1 4 5

I wouldn't say Umberger is exactly producing...seems in limited games played Kappy has more PPG.

And why so much love for Umberger. Don't get me wrong I like what he brings to our team but just because he is rookie doesn't mean he is going to become some big scoring threat.