View Single Post
Old
12-26-2011, 09:38 PM
mix1home

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
True. However, this season it looks like 88 points will make a spot just like it did a few years back. We also have the 'luxury' of being in a conference with clubs like the Leafs and Panthers who could fall apart any time now. We're still in the thick of things.

If we were in the West we'd have no chance but... we're not.

I still think we have a legit shot at the playoffs. I only hope that mgmt goes the 'seller' route instead.
What you guys in majority still don't get (since the summer) that East got a lot stronger and its shows in tight standings. I'm absolutely stunned by your persistence. It was consensus before the season even started. Granted, West has more .500+ teams atm, but balance is a lot closer this year.

Standings actually reflect actual strength of teams so far. There is no team behind Leafs that is better. All those teams have their own problems.

As to the 'seller' route, Habs don't have pieces contenders will want, a.e. good veteran players on last year of their contract. Most of your veteran players are untradeable unless you want to add to get rid of their contracts. You can trade Gill, Kostitsyn and Moen, who fit the bill of deadline trading.

mix1home is offline   Reply With Quote