View Single Post
Old
12-26-2011, 10:56 PM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanIslander View Post
Sometimes bad picks deserve to fall through the floor in subsequent years. Three MLD 2010 picks have just been taken in the 2011 Single-A draft, and their worth is still questionable.

Two of these three made their ATD sub-board debut last year on papershoes' Soviet-themed Cornwall Royals, a squad I had assassinated as having good, interesting, bad and ugly picks.

Wingers Kuzin and Krylov were among the 'ugly' picks:

Ukolov I'd deemed 'interesting':

I really, really look forward to it when chaosrevolver says "bios still to come". I found nothing more on these guys when I had researched them. I think so many Soviets had been underappreciated (we've come a long way to giving them their due), but average Soviet internationals of the fifties were not great, and any one or two seasons of play in the 1950s Soviet domestic league is not even equivalent to citing today's ECHL in supporting a present day pick. So if a single Soviet league all-star selection from the 50s and three years on the national team is all they've got, they're fool's gold, even at this level, material for the Undrafteds thread or a B-draft or at least the bench as extra skaters.
We'll see what I can find.

Big difference between the MLD and the A drafts..but I'll do some digging.

chaosrevolver is offline   Reply With Quote