View Single Post
Old
12-27-2011, 01:42 AM
WeekendAtBernies

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Semin is highly skilled, soft, and selfish despite being much better defensively than most people believe (which still doesn't make him "good" defensively just not atrocious).

He's better than Zherdev from an outside perspective, but he's still someone who doesn't fit into the make-up of this team. I'm reluctant to bring in "odd eggs" so to speak when it comes to the locker room. Semin is the oddest egg imaginable. He does not fit.

Now, assuming that you skill want his skill and you feel my arguments to be petty...

Hartnell - Giroux - Voracek
vanRiemsdyk - Schenn - Briere
Simmonds - Couturier - Read
Rinaldo - Talbot - Sestito

Wellwood - Akeson - Zolnierczyk - Holmstrom ....etc

Plus Jagr, who I'd sign LONG before I signed Semin....

So where does that leave Semin?

This thread is pretty much a non-starter. Semin is not coming here.
As far as Jagr goes, again, I see either 2011-12 or 2012-13 being his final season. I think it's highly unrealistic to expect him to play any longer than that... so he's not a long-term option.

And as I said, I don't see Voracek being a true #1 winger and I don't see him complimenting Giroux well @ all. Voracek is a pass-first winger who is very, very reluctant to shoot and he also has problems finishing. Giroux is also a pass-first guy, almost to a fault sometimes. The ideal winger for Giroux is someone who isn't afraid to shoot the puck. Voracek doesn't fit the bill.

In my scenario, ideally Briere would be asked for a list of 5 teams he'd accept a trade to, and then we'd trade him while we still can.

Long-term, the team would be:

Hartnell-Giroux-Semin
JVR-Schenn-Voracek
Read-Couturier-Simmonds
Sestito-Talbot-Rinaldo
Wellwood
Akeson

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote