View Single Post
Old
12-27-2011, 01:48 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlansd View Post
As far as Jagr goes, again, I see either 2011-12 or 2012-13 being his final season. I think it's highly unrealistic to expect him to play any longer than that... so he's not a long-term option.

And as I said, I don't see Voracek being a true #1 winger and I don't see him complimenting Giroux well @ all. Voracek is a pass-first winger who is very, very reluctant to shoot and he also has problems finishing. Giroux is also a pass-first guy, almost to a fault sometimes. The ideal winger for Giroux is someone who isn't afraid to shoot the puck. Voracek doesn't fit the bill.

In my scenario, ideally Briere would be asked for a list of 5 teams he'd accept a trade to, and then we'd trade him while we still can.

Long-term, the team would be:

Hartnell-Giroux-Semin
JVR-Schenn-Voracek
Read-Couturier-Simmonds
Sestito-Talbot-Rinaldo
Wellwood
Akeson
Considering everything going the way it has, if the Flyers find roster room on the wing and figure out the kind of cap space needed to sign Semin, I don't see any possible way they don't bring back Jagr instead. He puts butts in the seats, he creates media buzz, he sells jerseys, he piles up the points, and he mentors the young kids very well.

The Semin experiment could backfire on the Flyers; not tragically or anything, but it's pretty dumb to take a sure fire thing in Jagr and to use it on Semin. The only thing Semin has on Jagr is age, and Jagr brings so much more to this organization just in not bringing the negatives that Semin brings without mentioning the good Jagr does.

Also, don't think for a second that Briere's future with Philadelphia is in doubt. Briere is here next year.

I don't see Semin in Philadelphia next year or ever...thank god.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote