View Single Post
Old
12-27-2011, 04:21 AM
jhnyr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrap View Post
Got a Premiere Cally Winter Classic jersey for Christmas. My folks ordered it from NHL.com.

The are built just like the old style (6100) authentic jerseys with the stretchy AirKnit material and the big elbow pad spaces. NHL.com actually did multiple layer numbers that were heat pressed on (the blue was stitched to the red and then the red was glued on). Luckily my mom has her own small sewing business she runs out of her basement so she was able to stitch everything down for me (numbers, front crest, event patch, reebok logo and captain's C) with the zig-zag stitching. Overall...not bad for NHL.com I must say.
My brother got the same jersey for me at Dick's Sporting Goods. Same heat-pressed letters, but they are done very well. Would be nice to have them stitched, but apparently heat-pressed is the norm for the WC jerseys.

On another note -- anyone know of a way to soften up the front crest? It's a bit stiff. (That's what she said.) It's probably just that I'm not used to wearing a jersey with a large crest. Ranger fans have been spoiled!