View Single Post
Old
11-05-2003, 08:12 AM
Biggest Canuck Fan

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Biggest Canuck Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolution
He should be suspended 10 games. Sticks aren't meant to be used like that. Particularly on good talented players. Sean Hill made such a slash against St-Louis. I'm disgusted by this. Use your freakin' fists and shoulders. That's how the game of hockey is meant to be played. Leave the sticks on the ice. It's a freakin' attempt to injure. It should be punished as such. Those 1-2 games suspensions are ridiculous. Zetterberg is gonna miss a whole lot more time than than Allen. I don't even see how you guys can defend such actions. You'd be the first to cry for murder if Fischer had done the same thing to Naslund.
First of all you are entitled to your opinion.

Second, I can only speak for me, but if the slash was on the wrist, then I would be upset, but I play hockey and take at least 10-15 of those slashes, so if Fischer did that to Naslund, and his leg broke, I would be upset at the shin pad not the player.

3rd remember this when Zednik gets suspended for a harmless slash.

The point is this happens millions of times a season. Why should one instance be singled out? It is a war on the PK, and if you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen.