View Single Post
Old
12-27-2011, 10:02 AM
Jumping

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlansd View Post
I'm aware that the team has excellent DEPTH, Chris. I've never stated that 2nd/3rd line wingers are a worry for me. However I do think that this team currently lacks a winger capable of maximizing Claude Giroux's talent long-term.

Jagr can fill that role in the short term, but I don't see JVR or Voracek or anyone else currently on the roster being that guy for the long-term.

As to your comments about Semin/Briere, I think you're being incredibly unfair to Semin. There's not one shred of evidence that says he's a "me first" kind of player as opposed to Briere being team oriented. In fact, Boudreau had the chance to throw the guy under the bus after being fired and instead he praised Semin and said he's largely misunderstood and does care and does give good effort for the good of the team.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...misunderstood/

Briere does the same exact stuff that you'd love to ding Semin for.

Briere:

-takes tons of stupid penalties (with Semin, you'd criticize him for this, but with Briere, you chalk it up to "tenacity" and act like it's a good thing).

-is HORRIBLE defensively and is often caught giving zero effort as he was in the Colorado game when he was caught napping by Landeskog (for some reason, this is OK out of Briere (who is terrible defensively even when he tries), but it's unacceptable from Semin (who is actually good defensively when he tries)).

-disappears for games at a time / multiple shifts at a time (again, this is OK for Briere because he is "clutch" or if he's having a bad week, it's ok because "well, he'll turn it on for the playoffs", but this behavior is completely unacceptable out of Semin).

Like I said, I don't really think you're willing to give Semin a fair shake. You're clearly biased against the guy and you clearly love Briere unconditionally.
Briere - wins play off games

Semin - not so much

Jumping is offline   Reply With Quote