View Single Post
Old
12-27-2011, 01:06 PM
Drewbackatu*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRangerfan View Post
Don't know what you mean by narcissim and ego

This media thing is way overblown because of a few incidents, and from where I sit he does it purposely and for a reason. Every big time blow up he has had was after his team played poorly, the Brooks incident with Tampa, the Hitch incident during the SC run and this year during the slow start. Takes all the attention and heat off the team and puts it on himself.

The guy has won at every level of hockey, you may not agree with how he does things but they work.
Right on! The guy is a master motivator and has pushed all the right buttons with line changes, motivating certain players, etc. He does a great job deflecting criticism of his players and when they do play lousy, he puts the heat on himself by his less than cordial post game conferences. I for one couldn't care less how he responds to the media when dinosaurs like Stan Fischler ask dumb questions after a loss. I always detested Tom Renny's habit of waxing poetic and kissing up to the media after a horrendous loss. Torts is the man!

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote