View Single Post
Old
12-27-2011, 01:48 PM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
On the cusp forwards:

Jury's out on Wolski and we won't know for sure until we see him actually producing in a top 6 role because he's not a bottom liner and he makes too much money anyway. Good chance he gets moved at the deadline. Very good chance he doesn't return next year unless he's willing to take a (potentially large) pay cut. In the meantime I'm not against Torts kicking the tires with him--see what he can do. Best to be at least a little open minded.

Avery--he's a favorite of mine but I don't think he's necessarily better than anyone else we have on the bottom lines. Very good chance he gets waived and not picked up. Not much chance he gets traded. Almost no chance the Rangers sign him again. At this point he's not a Tort's favorite but wouldn't mind him finishing the season in the organization if for no other reason he's a pretty decent insurance policy later on in case someone gets hurt.

EC--could be an insurance policy as well. I think he gets waived too. More of a chance someone picks him up if for no other reason he has a relatively small cap hit. Occasionally he can be a difference maker but he floats too much. He is still a legit NHL player. Could easily be a regular on 10-12 other maybe not playoff teams.

Mitchell I think is going to be here the remainder of the season. There may be occasions when he gets sat out but I think he's going to be in the lineup most nights. There's nothing spectacular about his game but he's good in both ends and along the walls. A prototypical 3rd-4th line jack of all trades.

Hagelin has NHL written all over him. He's not going anywhere.

Rupp--is a guy I can see out of the lineup now and again. But he'll stick around if for no other reason his size and toughness.

eco's bones is online now   Reply With Quote