View Single Post
Old
12-27-2011, 04:26 PM
Rust Heisenberg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubkov21 View Post
The same coach who two games ago said of the Hags-Rich-Cally-line: "They were nothing special" and then switched back to playing Dubi on Richards' LW (though admitedly changed back after just one period)?

Give the posters on this board a little credit. They are looking for ways to get our $50M UFA center going. It's obvious that he's missing a scoring winger, and some of us think that might be Wolski. Hags can still produce on a line with Dubi and Boyle.

Hags is awesome, but Wolski has more skill, more creativity and a better shot. If he get's going (big if, I know), he can be a very important contributor to this team.

I have no problem with people wanting Hags to stay on the 2nd line, there are reasonable arguments for keeping him there, but don't lable those who disagree as "less smart".There are sound arguments both ways. Some would say "don't change what's working", others would say: "You need to look for things to improve even when you're doing well."
Unfortunately neither Hagelin nor Dubinsky belong on that 2nd line with Cally and Richards. What will get our 50 mill center going is a bonafide sniper.

Wolski's too inconsistent in my opinion to put up better results than Hagelin. Where Hagelin doesn't have the scoring skill necessary, Wolski doesn't have the will and drive. That will only get him benched by our coach, leaving Richards with again another stop gap at that side of the wing.

What will get our 50 mill dollar center going is, for example, Bobby Ryan. Ryan fits the identity of the team while also providing the scoring skill needed for our center.

Hopefully if both Staal and Sauer come back healthy we can package Dubi and a defender (probably a prospect/draft pick as well) for Ryan and make 2 extremely dangerous lines.

Shift Hagelin down with Boyle and Mitchell, that line worked hte last time it was together. 4th line stays the same.

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote