View Single Post
Old
12-27-2011, 04:43 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
He had 1 50 point season followed by 3 40 point seasons before the Av's tired of his half hearted play.

So, you might see a guy who can score some points, I see a guy who shows up for half the games and routinely coast. It is not a coincedence that he has been on 3 teams already.

Guys like him are not what you win with...he is kept around because he fools you into believing you can fix him...just like Zherdev, Lisin, EC and the like...skill, just no drive or heart or whatever it is that is missing.

I hope I am wrong...not sure when he gets in the lineup but when he does, I hope he scores 20 goals...i just don't see it.
Actually he had a 65 point season as recently as 2009-2010. But that was split between 2 teams, and you have to add to get that total, so I understand why you might have missed it.

In a vacuum, you have some good points. I might even agree with you. But thats not how the world works and "no heart = stinks" isnt how this situation has been or will be approached. Hes one of the more inheritantly talented players on the team, hes a LW on a team that needs some scoring punch from the left side. Hes a guy whose NHL career hangs in the balance, and if he gets the message, he can be a good asset for the team. If he doesnt, we're right back to where we started without him.

Anisimov - Stepan - Gaborik
Wolski - Richards - Callahan
Dubinsky - Boyle - Hagelin
Fedotenko - Rupp - Prust

Give Wolski the shot with Richards, scratch Mitchell who I dont think has been that impressive, and put Hagelin on the 3rd line. He has a well-rounded game and should be able to step in pretty seemlessly, unlike Wolski, who is far from a grinder.

Could have a very solid top 9 is all things break right. If Wolski is the dud hes been thus far as a Ranger, move Hagelin back up.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote