View Single Post
Old
12-27-2011, 05:50 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
WW has to bring it, this guy is playing for a contract.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayhat View Post
I don't think its good for his development to play 8 minutes a night in the NHL. Its better for him to play 20 in AHL for a few more months or even this full year..

I don't think he deserves more time right now and Torts certainly does not..
Now that's the golden question. More time at the lower level or less time at the higher level. I guess it all depends on what he's prepared for. If he's ready for the bigs, he should be playing there. If he's not, he should be in the minors, the amount of time he plays, doesn't matter. Playing 5 minutes in the NHL is more experience then you'll get in a full game in the minors. Just being in the lockerroom with Brad Richards and Ryan Callahan, he'll learn more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jniklast View Post
Can Rupp win faceoffs? I don't want my 4th line to continually chase the puck after facoffs. Other than that this looks good, I'd definitely give Wolski a chance to play with Richards and see how that works. Depending on the opponent I'd maybe dress Mitchell instead of Rupp and try this:

Anisimov - Stepan - Gaborik
Wolski - Brad - Cally
Hagelin - Dubi - Mitchell
Prust - Boyle - Fed
With as good as Dubi and Boyle have been together I don't want to split them. That's your shutdown line.

AA - Stepan - Gabby
Wolski - Richards - Callahan
Dubinsky - Boyle - Hagelin
Prust - Feds - Rupp/Mitchell

Avery Christensen

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote