View Single Post
Old
12-13-2005, 04:04 PM
Higgy4

vCash: 500
We ALL agree that Lidstrom makes too much money. Hell...if you asked Lidstrom himself he would probably agree.

But his skills are still there. If people cant see that, then I dont really know what to tell them.

I love Chara too. But other than the physical aspect of his game, he doesnt bring anymore to the table than Lidstrom does. Wade Redden has been out of the Sens lineup for 2 weeks and I dont think Chara has stepped up his game at all in his absence. In fact, this tiny little losing stretch the Sens had coincides with Reddens injury. The Sens are going to have to choose between the 2 at the end of the year as to who they give thier big money to. Chara should be playing gigantic for them right now, but he hasnt stepped up much.

I agree that this whole thing is getting absurd. To me Nick Lidstrom is still EASILY in the Top 10 of all NHL defensmen. He is only 35. It isnt like he is 40. He has avoided physical contact his whole career, so you know he isnt wearing down from all the physical play over the years. Skating was never his best asset to begin with. I dont care that he is losing foot races. When he does lose them, he still ends up between the player and the net. Good, positional defense.

Again, I agree to disagree because I cant keep typing the same stuff over and over. He is getting slower and he is overpaid. Great...so what. He takes a pay cut next season and he still uses every other extraordinary skill that he has to remain among the leagues top defensmen. What is wrong with that scenario?

So, I am done. I have said all I can say about this subject. If people still disagree, well....