View Single Post
Old
12-13-2005, 04:04 PM
Higgy4

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8snake
What's funny is for all this talk about Lidstrom losing "foot races", if you watch Center Ice and see Chara play on a game to game basis his game has it's weak points as well. And if anyone in here thinks Chara is anything close to Lidstrom was even a few years ago is insane. I watch guys like Blake and Leetch struggle all season and remain grateful Nick is still as efficient and smart a D-man as there is in this league. Case in point....let's look at Lidstrom against "big lines" he's been matched up against. What number 1 line has killed Detroit this season? The Naslund line in Vancouver when Bertuzzi dominated is the ONLY time a top line has had great success against Detroit. To those who say Lidstrom is no longer an elite D-man, tell that to the coaches who try to keep their top line away from him, especially at home with last change. This garbage about how Lidstrom cant skate anymore is beyond ridiculous. You know who cant skate? Hatcher cant skate. Ive seen Lidstrom lose foot races when he was winning the Norris year after year. There are some on this board with with a bias towards Lidstrom because of the money he makes, so they disparage his overall game to support their point about him being over-paid.
I cant believe I am going to say this.

Snake...I agree with you.