View Single Post
Old
12-27-2011, 08:58 PM
redbull
springtime hockey!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pointed Stick View Post
And Jim Craig looked incredible when we beat the Russians in 80 during the Olympics, but boy did he become quite the bust after that.

Tomas Tatar looked pretty good during his WJC on a fragile Slovak team. Not sure what that gets Detroit now.

I am not sure what we have in Nino yet. The one thing I am happy with is his size, but he plays kind of small to date, unless he's playing against kids somewhere. His game should have been bigger out of Jrs. That they are wasting this year for him is another problem. He should have gone to the SEL. It seems like they expected a Calder run from him and got "Bambi-in-the-headlights" instead. Nice talent evaluation Garf...
I really think it's ONLY because of his ELC, allowing him a huge cap hit and low salary. The entire salary structure and contracts are based on this EXCLUSIVELY - Pandolfo, Staios (the last two signings) plus Nino, plus the back-loaded contracts to Okposo and Grabner and the whole Rolston shameful trade.

This has NOTHING to do with Nino and what's best for his development and EVERYTHING to do with minimizing salary THIS YEAR while reaching the cap floor.

Could not be more clear.