View Single Post
Old
12-27-2011, 10:44 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
We need more size and skill. We need better players if we want to realistically compete for a cup. A coaching change isn't going to change this.

Anyone should be able to see this by now.

Depends on what your goal is. Can we make the playoffs with the roster we have? Absolutely. I actually think we will. That doesn't mean that we shouldn't go the rebuild route though... I actually want us to build a cup capable team and we don't have this now nor do I see any indication that we'll have one in the immediate future.

Again, I don't really care. I want us to actually make real changes. Benching Gill or changing a coach doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things.
We have not played with a full lineup all year. No team would look like a powerhouse with 3-5 regulars out each game.

If you chose to rebuild you probably lose guys like Pacioretty Price Subban Plekanec Cole along the way. Rebuilds take time and take a toll on players, then when they get to be RFA`s and UFA`s they want out. making the playoffs and progressing is the best way to keep your young veterans.

The two biggest issues with this team so far have been a pile of injuries and at times the team playing like a bunch of individuals. As you see with Washington(and LA), you can have oodles of talent but not necessarily win if they don`t all pull the same direction.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote