View Single Post
Old
12-28-2011, 02:09 AM
Noreaster96

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
When Tootoo or Weber makes that exact same hit, we cheer it. Just look at our lack of outrage on the hit Weber put on Ryder earlier in that game.

The Fistric hit on Nino ... Nino has his head down, Fistric comes in for a hard shoulder check and catches him high with the skates leaving the ice after contact. A player gets injured so Shannahan takes action after there was nothing called on the ice. Fistric's on ice penalty was for the roughing afterwards.

The hit on Weber ... Shea's head is down looking back as Fistric comes over. This is such an egregious act that nobody here complained about it Friday when it was covered live on FSN-TN ... from where I was sitting in the front row of the 300 level on that end line it didn't look dirty live ... and suddenly 48 hours after the video gets onto youtube we're up in arms. From that angle you can't see if the point of impact is Shea's face or his chest. Fistric does appear to hit with the shoulder/upper portion of his left arm ... not the elbow.
On both plays he was clearly aiming high... Theres no effing way he ends up 3-4 feet off the ice on the Niederreiter hit if his force isnt primarily in the vertical direction and I just watched this hit multiple times and hes clearly going high again. Even if their heads are down (which I dont believe they were) theres nowhere else this guy can aim for other than up high?

He get a hearing/suspension? I think its worthy of one, but im certainly no expert on the subject

Noreaster96 is offline   Reply With Quote