View Single Post
Old
12-28-2011, 03:07 AM
Nex06

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Wasn't a cheap or dirty hit, Vrbata rode Gagne into the boards and he just fell hard.
Regardless of dirtiness I question the efficiency of rules that the league has come up with, if that is not a penalty. Every couple of days I see one TERRIBLE penalty given for a hit that is IMHO perfectly clean. The only argument being, well, that it was monstrous hit, highlight reel material. 5 minute penalties for clean hits on open ice where nobody got hurt, except maybe one millionaire's ego. And yet here we see a push from behind with player's head hitting board. Let's leave aside what is legal and what isn't - this looks dangerous to me and those open ice hits (which lead to 5 min penalties) didn't. Here somebody got hurt, there nobody got hurt. Here when I see replay, I cringe, there I say "Hey, that is one MF hit!"

So bottom line, I question the efficiency, the rationalization of the rules if Gagne's situation is a consequence of a completely legal action. On a side note, that looks like boarding to me, illegal. I would definitely give a penalty there but that is just me. Gagne's head was pushed into boards, he didn't just fell on ice.

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote