View Single Post
Old
12-28-2011, 09:33 AM
null33

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
I never understood that about Murray. Communication between a player and the coach is one of the biggest things, if not the biggest.... especially during game time, imo. I don't like that he didn't do that. I don't want to say it hindered Doughty or Johnson, but I think it plays a role. I can't really say because I'm not there, but just from the difference between Terry and Sutter..I will take the guy that talks to his players after every play or goal (against or for)
I dunno. Sutter hasn't had a lot of time to work with the squad in practice -- game time is really the only opportunity he has, and likely will have -- to explain what he expects or to correct mistakes or point out excellence. Not true for Murray, who had the luxury of coming in before camp and has been coaching mostly the same group for several years.

As for Murray perhaps hindering Johnson or Doughty or whomever's development... After the Crawford fire drill, and the relative youth of the core, a steady hand on the mental tiller is not a terrible thing. Maybe you miss an opportunity to correct a mistake during game time. You'll review it later on tape, without the emotion and energy of the game clouding the view.

null33 is offline   Reply With Quote