Thread: girdle vs pants
View Single Post
Old
12-28-2011, 12:39 PM
leftwinger37

vCash: 500
It's all personal preference. Like some others stated, It depends what is more important to you: mobility or protection.

I just switched from a pair of CCM V08 pants to a RBK 9K girdle a couple of months ago just to experiment. The biggest reason I chose the girdle was because you can customize the length of the thigh padding. With pants, I was a Medium +1 or +2 (depending on the brand) which was often difficult to find. I often settled for a Large which meant I was swimming in them and had to wear suspenders.

When my girdle arrived my first thought was "this is so much less protective than my pants." It's not that bad, but there are more gaps and softer padding in some spots, but that's the trade off for mobility. Also,the girdle does add extra heat because of the proximity to your body, but I have actually found this helpful as it helps to keep my muscles loose.

I have never been one to skimp on protection, but I do make adjustments where I can. So far, I've stuck with the girdle don't plan to switch back. That's my two cents, anyway...

leftwinger37 is offline   Reply With Quote