View Single Post
Old
12-28-2011, 01:51 PM
glenngineer
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Leege, it's all about playing not to lose. It's not about playing to win. I agree with your sentiment for the most part. Detroit got us down the other night and came right back to score the back breaker some 11 seconds later I think. As a team you have to have the killer instinct. You have to come out focused every night. You can't let an injury to anyone on your team derail your game or season. Look at Pittsburgh, lose the best player in the league and still perform. Granted, they have other guys to step up but they didn't give up or throw in the towel. Philly hasn't even with the loss of Pronger for the season.

We as a team need to learn to play to win, not play not to lose or protect a lead. You do that and the other team is right back in the game.

I wonder if this season's collapse on the defensive side of things isn't so much a Trotz issue as much as it is losing Peterson behind the bench. He was a great defensive coach for us and maybe that's what's hurting us just as much as the youth of the team.

glenngineer is online now   Reply With Quote