View Single Post
Old
11-05-2003, 09:52 AM
dawgbone

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnDemon
question for both of you (and anyone else who feels like answering)...

how did you become oiler fans?

i'm always interested to hear how people caught "the oiler fever".

personally, i grew up in St. Albert (just north of edmonton) during the "dynasty days". let me tell you, it was quite the thrill to watch that team live. now that i live in calgary i find it almost more fun to be an oiler fan. these calgarians really are jealous folks!

the rest of you?
I lived in Edmonton for about 7 years (basically from 6 months old to 7 and a half). I first started liking hockey while I lived there and when it was time to pick a team, the choice was really simple...

1. Best player in the league
2. Hometown team
3. Winning (hey, I was a kid).

Then I moved out to Ontario, and kept following them (and yes, even through the crappy years I would wear my Jersey proudly). So now I do my own little thing to support the Oilers as best I can. I buy 2 tickets every year to an Oilers home game (that gets used as a raffle prize for my cousin's hockey team, they are out-west), and I have owned, or co-owned seasons tickets to the Dogs and runners the past 4 seasons... plus I usually convince some member(s) of my family to get me tickets to the usual Oiler-Leaf game in February... but seeing as this one is in November, I had to go it alone this time... stupid Christmas being in December