View Single Post
Old
12-28-2011, 01:47 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Tell us why you think Higgins is lacking in hockey intelligence.
Well, it's hard to define exactly what "hockey intelligence" mean, but Higgins has never appear to me as a guy who has the creativity to play consistently in an offensive role. He knows how to cycle the puck and how to position himself adequately, and that's how he gets his points. Nothing bad with that, really, but IMHO (and apparently in the eyes of other posters) Leblanc has a better overall vision.

Quote:
Of course Leblanc has "upside," but what is it? Just because it's still undefined doesn't make him another Giroux, for example. Take a guess. Will he eventually be a 20 or 30 goal scorer?
Personally, I see Leblanc as a good glue player, a guy who will excel when paired with offensively gifted players by providing great two-way fundamentals and the grits all lines need to succeed, and will be able to complement these players with intelligent play. Probably not a go-to guy, but then, I couldn't help to notice yesterday how he always seem to be involved in the play, and that's great things to see in such a young players.

So IMHO, a 20-25 goals, maybe 30 once in his career, 50-60 pts two-way player, but the kind you always want in your team. A mix of Higgins and, say, Patrice Bergeron.

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote