Thread: Speculation: SOB back to Nashville?
View Single Post
Old
12-28-2011, 01:49 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageSteve View Post
Brent Peterson behind the bench... I really think that has been the BIG difference in the PK this season. The d-men look like they are thinking/trying too much and the forwards too quick on making a change. This leads me to point towards a new assistant coach as the difference. I think it all can be corrected w/ current personnel but they all have to buy in and keep things simple; but it would be nice to get an SOB-type of player back. There are so many things that I watch that are so close; but they just get that mental lapse everyone that is under 25 seems to get in any profession that causes them to fail. Unless someone comes to us cheap, I see no reason not to press on with the guys we have and let them sink or swim. If they keep on thinking instead of playing on instinct, nobody we could bring in would help.
So if it's the absence of Peterson then last year's success wasn't the result of SOB. We have a tendency around here to fixate on nameplates rather than skillsets. We need a physical d-man, we don't need SOB.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote