View Single Post
Old
12-28-2011, 04:49 PM
Fitlanbox

vCash: 500
Honestly I think its time to give Laich a chance as a winger on the second line. I know that he was playing well with Ward and Chimera and has been centering Ovechkin the past couple games, but we paid the man, put him in a role for more than a handful of games where we expect him to produce offensively consistenly. I know in terms of center depth that pretty much leaves Perreault as our 4 C on a daily basis, but why not at this point. As well as the 25-21-42 line was playing, IMO we have too much invested in Laich to keep him there, he needs to be putting up numbers. Hell, at this point I think Chimera probably deserves a few games on the second line.

At this point our lack of a 2C/legit NHL calibre centers is pretty apparent anyway, might as well give it a try. None of the lines are clicking particularly well at this point anyway, so I don't really fear splitting them up/playing around a bit. I think the key though is that if Dale does mess with them, he needs to give them a chance, none of that crap BB was doing at the end where he was just shuffling them mid game.

Ovechkin-Backstrom-Semin
Laich-Johansson-Brouwer
Chimera-Halpern-Ward
Hendricks-Perreault-Knuble

Last edited by Fitlanbox: 12-28-2011 at 04:55 PM.
Fitlanbox is offline   Reply With Quote