View Single Post
Old
12-28-2011, 05:14 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultra63 View Post
HNIC radio discussed Connolly at 4 PM today and reported he only got to be on the 3rd line rather than the 4th only because another player got injured. Disappointing for someone who has played 28 NHL games!
Well the guy he is replacing on the 3rd line, Devante Smith-Pelly, has played 26 games for the Ducks and Canada has been loving this guy since he was loaned. Canada is always a deep team. I think Connolly playing on the lower lines doesn't mean he's been a disappointment so far. From what I've seen, he has looked good. Like Smith-Pelly, it's just the role he has been given.

On another note, I just watched the US-Finland game and Jacob Trouba was really great for the Americans. I'm definitely interested in this kid now. Considering the US are playing 5 defensmen from their 2010 U18 (would be 6 D if Carolina let Faulk play) which many people consider to be the best US U18 team ever I think it's pretty impressive for Trouba to not only make the team at his age but also play as well as he has. He was really physical and also made some nice plays one one one with his stick. He also rushed the puck alone up the ice a few times. He looks like he's got the full package.