View Single Post
Old
12-28-2011, 06:24 PM
frito

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
Jeff Carter isn't going anywhere, and neither is Nash.

Just sayin.
There are only two current CBJ on the NHL roster that I would not consider to be available for a trade, and those two may surprise you - A LOT. They are

Derek MacKenzie - The dude is plus 8 on a HUGELY MINUS team. Two of the highest players are last and second last in the league in this category - yes Nash and Wisniewski

Derek Dorsett - This is a guy who brings it each and every night. He does not take a shift off, is doing very on the PK (look at the number of shorties he has).

Everybody has always said "Just wait until Nash gets his number one center". Well we have him and what has it gotten us. NOTHING! They've been broken up. Carter has been coming on as of late but it hasn't elevated Nash's game to where it needs to be. Yes I would love to see them tearing up the ice in CBJ sweaters; however, if either of those two fetches the right price they must be made available. Given the option to only keep one and trade one, I would keep Carter since he has a better contract and it's harder to replace centers than wings.

I would be hard pressed to trade the likes of Ryan Johansen and John Moore soley because we really don't know what they can bring to the table once fully developed. The roster does need to be purged of whatever funk has set in over the last few years before they catch it. Hopefully it's not too late.

I really like Vinny Prospal. Granted he will be UFA at seasons end but he is one of the few who is calling out the need to be better not only in games but also in pratice. He will probably fetch far more at the deadline but I would consider signing him for an additional year or two and slapping the 'C' on him if the proper roster purge takes place.

Everybody else, and I mean everybody, is on the table for a trade. When a team is doing this poorly for this long nobody should consider themselves safe.

Last edited by frito: 12-28-2011 at 06:40 PM.
frito is offline   Reply With Quote