View Single Post
Old
12-28-2011, 07:10 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDarkBlueJacket View Post
Long-overdue reply: I took my son to a preseason game last year. Didn't go well. Way too young. Maybe stayed 10 minutes.

We made it through most of the 1st period before he started exhibiting the classic toddler signs of boredom. A quick visit to the cannon at the intermission was followed by a walk to the exits. Not bad for a 2-1/2 year old. (And the tickets were free, so nothing "lost") He also has a cold, so we didn't want to push him.

In that first period, we saw exactly one great shift out of the CBJ. Shame they couldn't convert that power play-like control of the puck in the offensive zone into a goal.

I caught the rest of the game on radio and then TV. Kinda odd to see 1/3 of the game, listen to 1/6 and then see the balance on TV. George & Bob come across as having the better time of the broadcasters.

I'm still amazed that Calgary is flirting with playoff-level status. Kipper was the only thing standing between them and a CBJ blowout.
Seemed like there were quite a few little ones there last night, DBJ, hope yours enjoyed what he saw. I noticed Leo was there with his family, including what must be a very new addition. Congratulations to Mr. And Mrs. Welsh (and the new kid's big brother!).

pete goegan is online now   Reply With Quote