View Single Post
Old
11-05-2003, 11:42 AM
Darz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal25m
Just checked on Nhl.com, patrick roy is 6'2, 195lbs.
I guess it depends on where you look up the info. I've seen him listed at 6'-0" in a few different places and seen his weight listed anywhere between 160 lbs and 195 lbs!!!!

Quote:
In terms of qualifying offers, I am pretty sure that it doesn't matter if you are making lower than the avg min. If you don't qualify him, he becomes a unrestricted free agent. If you qualify him, it is a min of 10% raise, in Theo's case that means 6.6 million approx for the 5th year.
I didn't think we would have to qualify him, but regardless a new set of rules will be in place by then with the new CBA and all.

Quote:
Anyway, this is just a discussion. Personally, I don't know if i would have the guts of trading Theo.
I understand where you are coming from, it is better to deal from a source of strenght than a place of weakness, but I think your comment about having the guts is bang on. BG probablely has the guts to trade anyone (I'm guessing), but I have a feeling even he gets nervous thinking about the thought of trading Theo right now.