: Post-Game Talk:
3 Stars & GBR: Game 35 @ Washington Capitals
View Single Post
12-28-2011, 09:32 PM
Join Date: Jun 2002
Can't win them all... that being said some real coaching failures tonight
1. The PP was horrendous, could not even enter the zone, they would dump and no one would chase, how many times are we going to see this? Richards, Gabby, or MDZ needs to stickhandle in because we only play 2 players who dump and chase on the PP in Cally and Dubi they can't do it all
2. Biron... he was due to come back down to earth, but man he came back hard tonight, terrible puck control, bad positioning often and if he didn't drop so fast on the 4th goal it wouldn't have gone in. Not even going to mention the first one as yeah he let in a bad rebound but MDZ w a turnover and decided to watch his man instead of stick with him. Got to question this decision after Hank played such a solid game the other night.
3. Richards on defense in the 3rd? Really? setting the team up for failure, it was 3-1, yeah we needed offense but this was dumb especially against Semin and Ovie
4. Why on earth we Woywitka inserted? we were on a 5 game win streak with erixon and Bickel playing well, erixon is a much better skater, and it showed when Semin roasted woywitka. I know you want tim to get minutes, but he is doing pretty nicely on the 3rd pair and woywitka is not cutting it
- Loved the missed hi-stick that got MCD, then Boyle can't clear the zone and the Caps score
- This team really needs to learn to shoot more and just get it on net, so many shots passed up or players take themselves out of shooting position instead of just shooting. They are a good team, can't win them all, but they are much better than the collection of individuals that showed up tonight.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Janerixon