View Single Post
Old
12-29-2011, 12:38 AM
Fataldogg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
Wolski needs to show Torts that he is the answer for Richards/Callahan LW problems.

Hagelin is a solid prospect that has earned his role on the team, but Wolski has that kind of skill that you have to at the very least give him a shot with those two guys.

If he's NOT the answer, then we have to move him before the deadline.

A team out west fighting for a PO spot may take a chance on him.

Hagelin has done nothing wrong, but for the good of the team we have to see what Wolski has for a few games as a LW on that line.
I think Wolski has the potential to rejuvenate Richards and give him a dynamic winger that he can work with on the left side. I think it will be good for both Richards and Callahan to get some fresh blood on that line, and that's not a slight to Hagelin because he has done fantastic with us this year. But, we really need to get Richards going and I think Wolski might be able to help him.

I'm just hoping that Tortorella genuinely gives Wolski a chance with Richards. That means more than 5-6 minutes with him, a shift here and a shift there, etc. Try him there for several games, like you said, and see how it pans out. If not, its not the end of the world, you can always bring Hagelin up from the 3rd line to the 2nd line again.

And as someone else said, Hagelin on the 3rd line makes our 3rd line that much better. With Dubinsky scoring the occasional goal right now, and Hagelin bringing his speed to the table, who is to say that our 3rd line cannot be effective at both defense and offense?

Fataldogg is offline   Reply With Quote