View Single Post
Old
12-14-2005, 06:38 AM
sarcastro

vCash: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgy4
What do you mean Kronwall and Lebda have "panned out". Kronwall has 20 games of NHL experience and is returning from a serious knee injury. We have no clue what the future lies for him. He could be great...but its not a given. He hasnt panned out at all.

And Lebda? He is up here because of injuries. If not for Kronwall, Woolley and Fishcers injuries, and the fact that Rivers stinks, we wouldnt have even seen him up this year. He has been a good 3rd pairing guy, and has done an excellent job filling in for the Wings this year. But he isnt someone you want logging 20 minutes a game for the next 5+ years. He is a fringe NHL defensman. So...how has he panned out?
Kronwall has shown he's an NHL defenseman. He has injury problems, but that doesn't have anything to do with his skills. He is an NHL caliber defenseman when he's healthy. I consider that panning out. It's not like he never made it out of Europe or couldn't play above the AHL level - he's been outstanding in the games he's been in.

Lebda has been very good this year. He is in his first season and is playing a good amount of minutes in all situations. While he did get his chance while players were injured, he's been playing over Rivers and Woolley while both were healthy. That says something. He's got great wheels and handles himself pretty well in his own end. I'm not sure what your definition of "pan out" is, but he's proven himself to be an NHL defenseman. That's good enough for me. Even if he were only a fringe NHL defenseman, he still made it to the NHL and has found a niche. What more do you expect from an undrafted UFA rookie?