View Single Post
Old
12-29-2011, 02:55 AM
Tuco

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
I love the (hopefully) signing. Some random thoughts...

1. I like a GM who is always looking to make the team better.
2. As a GM, you make this kind of move when you expect to make the playoffs. You come to this kind of team as a player because you expect them to make the playoffs.
3. Most importantly - ownership is spending money to make the team better.
4. Madden & Goc on the 3rd & 4th line - very strong. Now if we could just shore up the 2C position. If Matthias continues to step up, will be very nice for everyone... except Santorelli.
I think your fourth point is very good, love the thought.

However, I hope this (likely) signing doesn't mean that one of our injured guys, especially Goc, is not coming back anytime soon, maybe not even this season. I am a little worried since we don't get reliable and accurate info on the extent of injuries.

Anyway, even in the positive scenario, we still have to decide whether Matthias is (at present) good enough for the second line center spot, come playoff time. I think it is still too much to ask from him, and would therefore want to strengthen that spot.

Signing FA Madden would open up more opportunities in trading for a second line center, without necessarily including Matthias in the deal (I want to keep him, he is developing well). As an example, with Madden and Matthias as 3rd and 4th line centers, we could package Goc (not just Santo) for an upgrade at c. If circumstances are right, and the right deal is on the table, that is.

Last edited by Tuco: 12-29-2011 at 01:56 PM.
Tuco is offline   Reply With Quote