Christobal Huet

Dean Lombardi:

Jeff Zatkoff
Jonathan Bernier
Linden Rowat
Martin Jones
Chris Gibson
J.F. Berube

Which pool of tenders would you rather have?

Can we move on now please?
Well to get Quick, DT's list obviuously. And after 6 years, we know that several of DT's goalies were failures, but history hasn't caught up to DL's list either.

How does everyone keep ignoring Garon?? He won the 3rd most games in team history in his FIRST year as an NHL starter - then DL told us that Cloutier was an upgrade, as Garon was kicked to the curb.

Garon STOLE games, he excelled in the shootout. And remember that he also had NO defense in front of him.

and re Bernier "vs" Quick, I assume Bernier is "the goalie of the future" (somewhere), but he's been given a chance to take the job from Quick, and so far, he's just not up to it. Quick >> Bernier.

I was disappointed in the Bernier pick from the beginning (since D was the biggest need), then grew to like it (during my patient phase), but now after seeing what he's got, I'm leaning back toward disappointment.... I mean, Quick was already in the system, he could have learned from Garon for a few years.

Now we have a letigimate #1 goalie in Quick, but we don't really know what to do with Bernier. I've been saying for 2 years now that Bernier needs to start more, but when he does, he leaves me wanting Quick.

It's up to Bernier to make DS choosing the starting goalie a difficult choice, but it's really not that hard of a selection now is it?

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote